Stellar is highly experienced in optimizing facilities to maximize performance
Our team of experienced automation, refrigeration, electrical and mechanical engineers has performed optimization assessments and design-build solutions across the globe. We have improved efficiencies for customers in industries including: beef, pork, poultry, dairy, beverage, ready-to-eat, bakery, cold storage and distribution, pharmaceutical, steel and commercial applications. In many cases, our clients achieve payback in as little as a few months after making modifications based on our recommendations.
Stellar’s optimization assessments can help you:
- Reduce consumption of all utilities — water, air, gas, electricity and steam
- Reduce operating costs
- Improve process efficiencies
- Prolong equipment life
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Achieve regulatory and earth-friendly sustainable compliance
Comprehensive systems analyses that add up to savings.
Through collaboration with our in-house engineers across multiple disciplines, Stellar takes a comprehensive look at automation, material handling systems, refrigeration, steam, tempered water, compressed air, electrical and mechanical systems to maximize efficiencies and improve overall system performance and productivity. As part of our optimization assessment, we provide:
- Analysis — establish an operating baseline, identify efficiency improvement opportunities and offer possible goals
- Direction and Estimates — define the scope of work and provide a range of solutions with ROI estimates for each
- Corrective Action — prioritize actions by ROI and client preference, then perform the services needed from design through fabrication and installation
- Monitoring — monitor and report results
- Ongoing Maintenance — 24/7 service and preventive or scheduled maintenance available
Moving products in and out as quickly and safely as possible is crucial for food processors and distributors. We understand the priorities and needs of each customer, recommending the best material handling solutions and helping them establish the best strategies to suit their products and culture. Through thoughtful collaboration with third-party vendors, suppliers and internal staff, we implement solutions that meet our clients’ objectives from inter-plant transportation logistics through work-in-process (WIP) management and movement.
Stellar’s solutions include everything from fully automated to manual systems, and incorporate moving and picking full pallets, cases or piece parts. We also develop optimal material flow paths, minimizing material handling costs and product damage, while ensuring food safety.